Learn how these 9 essential oils can help you lose weight naturally
Some of the essential oils help with weight loss directly, while others help indirectly and may not seem so obvious – helping the liver will encourage weight-loss, as does calming the nervous system. These essential oils should be used in conjunction with a diet and/or exercise regime.
1) Cedar wood This oil can help to decongest the lymph system, helps to unblock arteries by breaking down fat deposits and improves poor circulation. Cedar oil can help to reduce fluid retention. It can help to calm nervous tension, instilling a sense of peace. Good for cellulite, oily skin, and acne. Avoid if you are pregnant and do not use on children.
2) Fennel is good for lymph and fluid retention, as a lymphatic decongestant, helps to reduce cellulite, a cleansing oil for all systems. It relieves constipation, flatulence and nausea. Can help reduce fluid retention, reduce weight and help curb appetite. It can improve a poor circulation. Increases milk flow for nursing mothers. A really good oil for menopause as it encourages the production of estrogen. Also regulates the menstrual cycle. Do not use on children.
3) Frankincense As early as Cleopatra’s reign it was used in cosmetics and medicines. This oil is excellent for all types of skin it rejuvenates mature skin, helps to prevent aging and wrinkles. Good for the menopause. Alleviates stress related problems. It helps to slow down the signs of aging – is an exceptionally good essential oil, for the skin – it will help to restore the tone to skin that is beginning to look slack helping to firm the skin. Frankincense will help with fine lines and wrinkles by stimulating skin cell renewal. Will purify the skin, and have a tonic effect.
4) Geranium Reduces fluid retention, balances hormones, will help to reduce hot flushes. Helpful for varicose veins and hemorrhoids (piles), helps to stop bleeding. It will ease anxiety, depression, and nervous tension. It helps to balance all skin types. Lifts the spirits, boosts immune system (adrenals especially) and heals a variety of skin conditions such as eczema, wounds, bruises, acne, broken capillaries, balances oil gland secretion, congested and mature skin, healing especially after facial plastic surgery, eczema, cellulite and others. It is a good hormonal balancer for women’s menopause and PMS. Aids digestion, jaundice, gastritis, colitis, cleans digestive system of mucus, liver tonic, aids poor circulation, and stimulates the lymphatic system.
5) Grapefruit is clearing and cleansing. Lymphatic: increases circulation, stimulates lymphatic system. How to use grapefruit essential oil to curb the appetite.
6) Lavender This oil can help high blood pressure, palpitations, and calms the digestive system. Reduces inflammation, relieves emotional stress, and anxiety. This oil is truly excellent for headaches, migraines, and insomnia. Helps heal wounds, bruises, burns, sunburn, acne, boils, eczema, and psoriasis. Apply a drop of lavender undiluted directly onto an insect bite or minor burn. Caution Lavender should not be used during the early stages of pregnancy. Use Lavender with caution if you have low blood pressure.
7) Lemon is a cleansing oil. This oil encourages an alkaline environment, decongests the liver and gall bladder. This oil cleanses the circulation, helpful for high blood pressure, good for detoxification, helps cellulite, and reduces broken veins.
8) Palmarosa is a cleansing oil. Antiseptic, antifungal, anti-viral, powerful bactericidal-large spectrum (most germs, E.coli), cellular stimulant, hydrating, cools the body, tonic (nervous and uterine). This essential oil has excellent skin care properties and is also used to relieve stiff and sore muscles. It calms the mind, yet has an uplifting affect, use to counter physical and nervous exhaustion, stress-related problems and nervousness. It is most useful during convalescence, aiding the digestive system, and helps to clear intestinal infection. It is effective in relieving sore stiff muscles. It moisturizes the skin, while balancing the hydration levels and stimulating cell regeneration. It balances production of sebum, to keep the skin supple and elastic and is valuable for use with acne, dermatitis, preventing scarring, rejuvenating and regenerating the skin, as well as fighting minor skin infections.
9) Rosemary is a stimulating and restorative oil. Rosemary essential oil is a rich, fortifying and warming. Well known for its circulatory stimulating properties and for toning muscles. Rubbed into the joint it will ease pain and gout. Helps reduce cellulite, relieves digestive problems, and fatigue. Rosemary is excellent for detoxifying and aiding the liver and gall bladder. Helps to normalize cholesterol levels, and is really good for fluid retention. Rosemary enhances memory and brain function in general. This is also a good oil to add to shampoo to relieve most scalp conditions. Caution Rosemary has antispasmodic properties and should not be used during pregnancy or if you have high blood pressure or epilepsy.